ASCA INAUGURAL SICKLE CELL DISEASE CONFERENCE 17TH AND 18TH SEPTEMBER 2021
In recent years, Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) which is still considered as a rare disease, has steadily been increasing in Australia. It is affecting a lot of people but unfortunately, Australia does not have a complete surveillance database to determine the exact numbers.
Australian Sickle Cell Advocacy Inc (ASCA) brings you this conference to provide mental health resources to patients/caretakers, highlight screening & treatment, advocate for a national surveillance database, and raise awareness to all stakeholders. Join us for a two day event of virtual interaction as we continue to change the face of sickle cell disease in Australia.
Australian Sickle Cell Advocacy Inc is proud to share that we have both Hon Greg Hunt MP Minister for Health & Aged Care and Hon Mark Butler MP Shadow Minister for Health & Ageing as Guest of Honour to our Inaugural Conference.
Even though Australia does not have a conclusive database to know the exact number of people impacted by Sickle Cell Disease, experts estimate that we have 1000 people. This conference will highlight sickle cell disease management, challenges, research, and technology in Australia. We have lined up Australian experts and all other stakeholders to participate in this conference. ASCA will have international speakers participate in this conference.
We would like to thank both Hon Hunt and Hon Butler for their work in recognising people living with sickle cell disease in Australia. We look forward to welcoming them to our conference.
For information regarding COVID-19 Email us on email@example.com
Support Our Cause
Become a Member
- Become an ASCA member to get all the latest information on Sickle Cell Disease in Australia and other parts of the world.
- You will be the voice for people affected by this condition by having a say through your voting rights at our general meeting.
- Get the latest news and updates through our quarterly newsletters and routine updates.
- Having created the first-ever SCD support group in Australia, our primary objective is to ensure that we have our members supported.
- Join us for routine catch-ups with other families going through similar challenges. We cherish our team activities and we would like you to be on board.
- Have your say and identify gaps affecting people living with sickle cell disease. We are registered in NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WA.
Support Our Work
- We are a private not for profit organisation raising awareness about Sickle Cell Disease in Australia.
- We are also supporting people affected by this condition considered rare in Australia.
- We do this by providing information and educational materials.
- We are also meeting different multicultural groups to raise awareness.
- We also lobby government to improve services for communities affected by this genetic disorder.
- We are advocating for more scientific research and clinical trials to have curative options for all.
- We are a fully registered charity with a deductible gift recipient certificate.
- Every financial support you give us is Tax deductible.
- Thank you for your support.
- Sickle Cell Disease is mainly treated by targeting the symptoms or complications that come with living with this disease.
- With pharmaceutical treatment only limited to one drug at the moment in Australia, blood transfusion is one the most successful treatment options to manage this disease.
- Regular blood transfusions or routine red cell exchange can only become possible with the help from blood donors.
- Support people living with Sickle Cell Disease by donating blood.
- With every blood donation, you are saving three lives.
- Make an appointment to donate today.
- Follow the link below.
- Thank you for your support.
Make A Donation